Thursday, December 30, 2010

Well, that worked....not!

I feel a bit like the little chappie above, off colour.  
Bad chest and sinus infections, am just starting on my 4th course of antibiotics, and boy did I have to put on a scene at the Dr.'s to get them.
So along with being so ill I thought it could be rather advantageous to be a horse (they shoot horses, don't they?) there was also Christmas and that schmozzle of waiting to see if any of those who had invited themselves to various meals would actually confirm for one and turn up for two, or would they get a better offer in the meantime.
I worked out a Christmassy Menu, with most of the foods being able to be frozen if not needed, except of course the salads and vegies but I thought I could manage those with just a little wastage.  Wrong!!!!
Another storm and power surges and half our power lines went down, result, only one fridge so lost the vegie side of things anyway!
Not to worry......
Here we go again
Yesterdays Lunch for 4 was from Donna Hays 'the instant cook', this pic scanned from her book.
I used a combo of sweet potato wedges and halved kipfler potatoes.  Instead of the wedges of avocado I used a melon baller to scoop out rounds of avocado.
Served it with a shredded roast chicken, o.k. so it was a take-away chicken, but still nice and moist and quite acceptable.  Leftovers went home with Sis for her daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment